Lydden Hill Noise limit

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Lydden Hill Noise limit

Unread post by SlowPhil » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:23 am

In BHR committee last night we were told that Lydden Hill now has a noise limit of 100DB. We voted to cancel our meeting there this year as none of our bikes can make that.

What is to become of the track, didnt they just spend a load of money there?:evil:
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!

tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: tony wheatley

Re: Lydden Hill Noise limit

Unread post by tonybsa2008 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:20 pm

I wont be going there again then,even the TZ struggles to 105db,my BSA really struggled.I suspect the CRMC might decide to reconsider their meeting too?There is only so much you can do with the older bikes,and cars to silence them.

Welsh Daph
Sniffing a Victory
Full Name: Daphne Smith

Unread post by Welsh Daph » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Looks as though Gerry Daine says it'll be ok, and Bhr are still going
Hey! hang on a minute . . .

SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by SlowPhil » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:42 am

At the meeting Gerry was adamant that we could not use Lydden again. The next day things changed, who knows why but we are back at Lydden! :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinluton

Unread post by steve-e » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:45 am

Don't believe a word anyone tells you, and the higher they are the less you believe them til it's written down.

Then still doubt it :lol:
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember

SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by SlowPhil » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 am

I like the place so I'm happy to be racing there again this year. I do feel that this is a nail in the coffin of the track as was the case at Mallory.

The local people at all these noise affected tracks seem to have a path to follow in order to affect the tracks noise profile. Why dont the ACU, MSA and the circuit owners/managers have a comon body to deal with these problems?

Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Skype contact: JRS RACING

Unread post by 666 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:51 pm

The traffic on the A2 is closer to the village than the track and that thunders by 24/7. Also the noise levels in cinema's is more than 105db i believe, which makes me wonder why people will tolerate it and then choose to spoil things for us. Thats of course assuming that the villagers go to the cinema. I live closer than 2 miles from a speedway track which also runs stock car meetings and through the summer often run meets every 2 weeks. Some of which are 3day events. There are also mid week practices. Even those that live very close to this venue accept that every body has a sport which they enjoy and don't object. Also the local football club have their 2 pitches at the end of my garden and can get very noisy when they play and when it's an evening game they have floodlight's. I do wonder what the objectors in the village do for sport or pastime and i would think that they do things in other area's without realising that they also annoy others, In view of this I believe every body should be more tolerant of other folks needs and wants. OK. Rant Over.
PS When I lived in London I had the misfortune to live about 3 hundred yards from a 1st div club ground and when they played the noise was high and the parking was horrendous often forcing me to park between 1/2 and 1 mile away from my house but I accepted that, so why can't they be accepting of our little noise.

SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by SlowPhil » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:30 pm

I'm told that BHR did a noise test in the village and found that a passing and repassing tractor was noisier than the start of a vintage bike race!!

So why isnt this recurring problem looked at by the ACU/MSA and the circuit owners, they stand to loose as much as we do?

tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
Full Name: tony wheatley

Unread post by tonybsa2008 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Your absolutly right John,unfortunantly people arent that way inclined in the 21st century,mores the pity.

kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm afraid we are fighting a losing battle with the noise whingers. We (the PTMCRC) lost Bryn Bach Park as a hill climb venue due to 1 noise complaint.
The person concerned arrived at our hill climb during practice and complained about the excessive noise. Armed with a noise meter, I accompanied her to her house and set up the meter at the bottom of her garden(the nearest point to the track) we then took some noise readings.
I feel I should point out at this time that her garden wall was at least 250 metres from the track and between her garden and the track were a row of fir trees and the heads of the valleys road dual carriageway which was on quite a steep hill.
I took reading when there was no traffic passing and the bikes did not register higher than the ambient noise although birds tweeting did register on the meter. I then took readings with traffic passing and I got readings of over 100 Db.
I pointed this out and she said it made no difference because she could still hear the bikes.
End of story - Lost the venue.
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.

Richard Rollings
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver/teaboy
Twitter: @madmille

Unread post by Richard Rollings » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:34 pm

That is ludicrous Keith. How did the powers that be justify that decision with your evidence?
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by SlowPhil » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 pm

I interviewed Eddie Nelson :notworthy: in the race office at Darley last year, during a race he told me about an upheld noise complaint made by a fella who lived two and a half miles from the track, this guy said that he could not hold a conversation in his front room during a race meeting!

Like I have said many times why isn’t the ACU/SACU/MSA and the circuit managers on this? There seems to be a protocol that the complainers take advantage of, why cant we? :evil:

kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:41 am

Ours and the car governing bodies do fight these battles but councils usually agree with the complainant.
Richard, you mentioned my evidence. My evidence was that the noise did not register on the meter but the noise could still be heard.
The fact that the noise of the bikes was lower than the noise of the traffic going past for 24 hours a day was totally irrelevant, she was used to the noise of the traffic but the noise of the bikes on 2 weekends a year was a real nuisance to her.
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.

anp
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: everything
Full Name: paul lightfoot

Unread post by anp » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 am

We live 4 miles from Oulton Park and if the wind is in the right direction and we are outside you can easily identify what's going around the track but they are very strict about their noise limit testing even the loudspeakers are set low but there are lots of them so you don't hear them outside the track

We were in the Red Lion in Little Budworth one Friday lunchtime in summer a few years ago when a quite pleasant old lady sitting opposite us jumped up like a rocket when a session started shut the windows quite sharply and said " its just too noisy I hate these Formula 3 cars they are the worst" I must admit it was quite a racket but it showed how some people can react and hate noise

Like my neighbours Cockerel at 3am in the morning !

The loudest I have ever heard from home was in the 70's during the Transatlantic trophy series 40 Tridents or Rocket 3's blasting round you could tell exactly where the were on the track !

Its a bit of a worry that the building hundreds of new houses in our area nearer to the track will turn up someone who makes it their business to become a lifelong complainer

The noise for me is like music and long may it continue !

petercaughlin
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by petercaughlin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 pm

I`m a member of the TRF and there always seems to be some kind of court action regarding Green Lanes, quite often we get a victory, just had one in Dorset where we beat the District Council in court,the TRF only relies on a fighting fund to do this,you would think with the money generated by the ACU/MSA and circuit owners that we could stage a fight back,trouble is it takes a bit of effort.
p.a.caughlin