Gedinne 1989/ 1991/2 ,,,,Even more images added...

What have you got to share with us? Post your photos and videos in here. Bike related ;)
Fritz
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Co Pilot
Full Name: Paul Yarwood

Gedinne 1989/ 1991/2 ,,,,Even more images added...

Unread postby Fritz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 am

The start and finish as it was 22 years ago...Blazing sun, good beer and nice people...

Gedinne 1989 with Jnr Rumble, a 2nd place finish from the back row of the grid,,, Machine is Rumble conventional LWB 700 Yamaha engine (made from brand new parts)

Some of the Racing Brits seen here in Stuart Hall's van from left to right, Jnr Rumble sat in front of van, Steve Langham (red jacket ) obscured,
then we have Gordon Jones/ Bob Mills/ Stuart Hall sat behind and Tony Darby peeping round sliding door...Julie Jones and Allison Mills..

Here we have long time supporters of Gedinne road races, from L to R, a very young Chris Founds, with Dad Dez Founds, My good self and my chum Big Phil Barron.

Gordon and Julie had come for the ride to check out the 'Craic' for the following year,,,,Steve rode with Rumble Snr on yet another yellow and white missile....

Dutch duo (nearest camera) Niek and Tonny van Bergen always very well turned out and had the most impressive race truck that crained their machine in and out of a mobile workshop in the back of an articulated truck.
We never got to know these guys coz they kept them selves to them selves,,,,,,,But I always got the feeling they hated the Brits because we tended to celebrate getting to a European venue, then we celebrated the finish of practice, then we celebrated the days racing with enough beers to sink a battle ship.....

Pip Hampton warming the JP Engineering machine (passenger to Rodger ?) his name escapes me for a moment .

The van Bergens here wearing the wet weather leathers,,,,,,,,before the off in the afternoon practice Saturday,,,,,,,,

Stuart Muldoon was more than impressive on a damp track powersliding his machine through the sweeping left of the start and finish ( my heart was in my mouth each time they came past)

The Van Bergens in race mode...complete with race leathers.

Dutchman Police officer Chris Beart was a former 125cc solo racer who loved the whole sidecar scene....and a nice bloke too.

Andy Westhead and my good self on the Ex Jnr Rumble Windle 700 Yam, a pair of second places at Gedinne was for me the end of an era. Our Mechanic in the red shirt behind us was ex international solo rider Tony Rodgers who was yet another hero of mine,,,,,,,,, Further in the back ground is Stuart Hall and Young Lee Eastell with Dez Founds and Roland Martiney on his 600 just joining the pit lane.

Windle Yamaha was a good tool to have at that time....

Dream Machine Race paint was employed so we would get noticed....

Mr Andy Westhead and his pride and joy,,,,,,I jumped ship after this meeting,,,I got the feeling I wasn't welcome in this team.

A shot of the very quick down hill left before the right kink into the woods on the Gedinne start and finish.......These days for the classic racing the bus stop on the right is always used.....In the back ground is the recently built open air bar with combined toilet block which was much needed coz before this there was bugger all if you turned up early for the race weekend... :shock:

I always loved the Starts at Gedinne, the FIM Green Blazer guys used to show up moments before the off, it always made me feel special even if we had a poor race......

Gedinne start 1991, I can be sure of that but how many can you name any on the grid ? Your starter for 10 is Stu Muldoon and Mr Gussman grass cutting on the far right.

Race one podeum, showing a full house of brits and some flat tums and muscules......Note the bunting covered rostrum.

Race 2 was a bit more of a rushed affair....

Hey over here, as big Phil Barron shouted to us....

Regards]

Fritz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

found a couple more this morning,,,,,,

Gary Thomas and Rinne Bettgens.(92 winners)

Bob Mills and Alison Goodwin return from a wet practice session.

Stuart Muldoon leads off the line. (1992)

steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinluton

Re: Gedinne 1991/2

Unread postby steve-e » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:29 am

Absolutely Brilliant. Thank you!
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember

katfiz
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Full Name: Fiona Muldoon

Unread postby katfiz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:42 am

Race one podeum, showing a full house of brits and some flat tums and muscules......Note the bunting covered rostrum.

I wonder how many of them still have the flat tums & muscles :D
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart

Karl
D/P/T/M/S: Ex Passenger
Full Name: Karl Firmin

Unread postby Karl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 am

Roger McCall on the JP engineering bike.

Chris Baert was a Belgium Police officer from Gent. Raced as the Gent Express.

Loved the grid at Gedinne 2,1,2,1,2,1..... Nothing like a tight grid.

PhilL
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Phil Larder

Unread postby PhilL » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 am

some great shots - got any more

Tim Rope up there on the podium also Stu Hall

def Roger McCall next to the JP outfit

Roger is still involved he has been instructing me in driving ! preparing the outfit, taking the p**s and drinking the beer for the last 10 years and in that time has only missed a handfull of meetings

Stu Hall "gave" me his lorry plus loads of gear just to get me started in sidecars

nice to see some pictures of them - I have heard the stories :lol:

steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinluton

Unread postby steve-e » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am

Chris Baert.. here he is last week in Spain at the Cartagena test, never ages :D

IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember

dick tapken
Setting the Fastest Lap

Unread postby dick tapken » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:37 pm

i was lucky to have raced at gedinne since 1989 and have stood on that rostrum many time's and won it two year's running ,all the storie's that have gone around about this brilliant meeting are all true you really could write a book about the place,pity the modern bike's are now not allowed but we have changed to the classic scene just so we can still do the belgium road's and not forgetting the belgium beer!!

seb84
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: passenger

Unread postby seb84 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:57 pm

So great to watch this great pictures.
Gedinne is a really lovely track :P

So great also to see Stuart Hall on the podium, the first ever sidecar racer I've met. This guy gave me the envy to race sidecar. He's such a great guy. I just get back to contact with him and I'm so happy.
Life is too short, enjoy every moment.

frankie66
D/P/T/M/S: talented athlete
Full Name: stuart muldoon

Unread postby frankie66 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:10 pm

oi yardwood ya old git, they bring back some happy memories, i still trim the edge as a goodwill gesture to the gardeners at the circuits...................keep them old pics coming mate

muldo
kinyeseemenoo ! naw, kinyeseemenoo !!

Coxy
One Lap Completed

Unread postby Coxy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 pm

That reminds me stu my grass needs cutting again mate so when u got a miniute feel free 2 pop in ! :D :lol:
COXY

joem
In Collection Area
Full Name: joe martin

Unread postby joem » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 pm

dick tapken wrote:i was lucky to have raced at gedinne since 1989 and have stood on that rostrum many time's and won it two year's running ,all the storie's that have gone around about this brilliant meeting are all true you really could write a book about the place,pity the modern bike's are now not allowed but we have changed to the classic scene just so we can still do the belgium road's and not forgetting the belgium beer!!

dick, geddine is "probably" one of the best road circuits in the world but the lager is deffinetly the best

Maurice Dewilde
In Collection Area

Unread postby Maurice Dewilde » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Hi,

I olso race in Gedinne, but from 1999 to 2005 happy souvenirs . Sinds a lot of years... the Belgian féderation forbid the FIM catégories on the road circuits (only the classics and some other catégories ), why? It is a Belgian story. So we must race in Holland "on the road circuits" and in Assen of course, France , Deutschland , England, of some time at Francorchamps, no races and no trainig at Zolder sids a lot of years. :evil: Maybe in 2010 at the new track of Mettet, we hope so. :cry: :cry:

Marry Chrystmas and happy new year to all the sidecar teams. ;)

Maurice
MDM racing
Belgium

Karl
D/P/T/M/S: Ex Passenger
Full Name: Karl Firmin

Unread postby Karl » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Just found a wine bar near where I'm staying (only been here for 8 months :-)) that sell Jupiler, Duval, and yes Chimay Red and Blue!

Bring's back the memories of racing in Chimay and gedinne etc...

Happy days

oldbelly
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes
Full Name: Geoff Bell

Unread postby oldbelly » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I only raced at Geddine from 97 to 99. Brilliant circuit but trying to keep up with Dick and Kenny was hard work :beer:.

bruce moore
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver/Passenger
Full Name: Bruce Moore

Unread postby bruce moore » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:13 pm

have had some great times at Geddine,my first was 1995,had an absolute blinder against Des Founds and Dick Tapkin,managed to finish 4th ! totaly unexpected on our first visit :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Media, Post your Pics and Vids”