Crescent powered sidecar, 1967? What do you know?

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
malcolm aldrick
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: malcolm aldrick

Re: Crescent powered sidecar, 1967? What do you know?

Unread postby malcolm aldrick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 am

Hi Peter
Nice to hear back, I lost touch with all the Essex crowd some years ago when moved abroad. I'll try and contact John and chat over old times.

[i]I think not keeping in touch is excuse 43b if I recall?
[/i]
Cheers Mate
M.A

tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
Full Name: tony wheatley

Unread postby tonybsa2008 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:47 pm

If its faster than a 750 tz,then why not come and race it in the post classics?No eligibility worries for you there.

PETER ODELL
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: TEABOY

Unread postby PETER ODELL » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Tony, basically time really, I have spoken to JV about resurecting it, hence asking Ian about eligibility, but I run a tuning and classic solo building business, JV has various projects on the go that need finishing first, but if we get the nod it will happen, the other consideration is we are both in our sixties now and cant do the hours we used to do, I am sure others will nod sagely at that :D

I started to restore the outfit about 89, half way through CRMC flatly refused it, (I was having rows about a TR350 at the time too) so it got put to one side and about 94 needed the space so it went back to JV, we had a beer driven conversation about 9 yrs ago to rebuild it and run it for fun, started it again but as it was just a fun and excuse to get together project (johns in southend & I in peterborough) it was constantly being put to one side for business and paying projects (and beer).

If we are told YES we can run it, then I will chase JV up and we will get it done, but it would still probably be a year before it see's rubber on tarmac because I still have to earn a living and JV has a couple of old arrows F1 cars to restore.

If memory serves correctly Malcolm got to ride the outfit at Snett as Johns leathers were too tight, due to JV expanding and could not move properly, I am sure Malcolm will correct if my memory is hazy :D

malcolm aldrick
On the Starting Grid

Unread postby malcolm aldrick » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Yes Peter

I did indeed ride it on time at Snetterton with Steve China in the chair back in the 80's.

As I said it was so much faster than any TZ750 (then), we'd have won it by miles, but as was it's want it suffered with water pump troubles that day.

Cheers

MA
M.A

PETER ODELL
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: TEABOY

Unread postby PETER ODELL » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Steve still pops along to the odd CRMC meeting and see's JV regularly, I spoke to JV yesterday and will pass your contacts on to him malc

malcolm aldrick
On the Starting Grid

Unread postby malcolm aldrick » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks Peter, it would be really nice to hear from the Southend guys again
M.A

Return to “Classic/Vintage/Where are they now?”