It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Do you know anything about this old racing outfit?
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:11 pm 
Setting the Fastest Lap

D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Fibreglass looks like it came from Bill Roberts or Churchgate Mouldings, the latter company having been purchased by Skidmarx.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:20 pm 
On the Starting Grid

D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Jerry
Skype contact: Kaplan
Yes, now we're getting somewhere! This is exactly the dialouge I was hoping for. I'm now back from the International Norton Owners Association Empire Rally in New York, see my latest album at; www.mymotolife.shutterfly.com,

I can now devote more time and energy on the Norton Kneeler so please let me know if there are any specific photos I can take that will help unravel it's history.

Thanks, C-ya, Jer 8-)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:26 pm 
On the Starting Grid

Here's more grist for the mill...since I can only attach 3 photos at a time I'll have to do this in several posts. Here's no 1.

Attachments:
A 016.jpg
A 016.jpg [ 56.65 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]
A 017.jpg
A 017.jpg [ 47.53 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]
A 018.jpg
A 018.jpg [ 61.17 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:29 pm 
On the Starting Grid

Detail photo batch 2.

Attachments:
A 019.jpg
A 019.jpg [ 52.57 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]
A 020.jpg
A 020.jpg [ 44.38 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]
A 021.jpg
A 021.jpg [ 52.18 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:33 pm 
On the Starting Grid

OK, last but not least, 3 more. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see more of. Thank's for looking, C-ya, Jer 8-)

Attachments:
A 022.jpg
A 022.jpg [ 38.67 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]
A 023.jpg
A 023.jpg [ 52.28 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]
A 024.jpg
A 024.jpg [ 49.63 KiB | Viewed 1237 times ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 pm 
In Collection Area

D/P/T/M/S: Follower
Full Name: Brian Edwards
I have just come to this forum and had a run through some of the posts which brought me to your question. I will have to dig out some photographs but this chair looks like the one my friends owned from new, back in the 70s. The chair was owned by a fellow named Brian (cant think of surname) from Aldridge, West Midlands UK. Brian did not ride but was an amazing mechanic, we called him Doctor because he carried his tools in a doctors brown bag around the paddocks offering his help to anyone. The chair was piloted by a a guy named David (hairy) Howdel and passengered by Tony O'Brien, Tony also passengered Brian Meeson at the I.O.M. TT. As I said I would have to do a search of some photographs but the undercolor of orange caught my eye at first as there was only one chair back then, this style and color that ran on the clubmans circuit; their base club was Darley Moor. Strange but just yesterday I had said to a friend of mine "I wonder what happened to Hairy and Tony's chair.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:17 am 
In Collection Area

D/P/T/M/S: Follower
Full Name: Brian Edwards
We may be getting close.
I have just contacted my friend in Africa and he says the engine Tony and Hairy ran was a Norton and it was a Windle placed in the 1976 IOM TT. At this time the outfit was painted black, over the orange color, I have the photos. I was in the paddock at the time mechanicing but you know what it is like as you get older (what was that engine now). My wife was Miss TT 1976 (and not tiny tits, as every one would say back then). You must give me a bit of time as I am a busy fellow; to get some of this stuff together. Meeson and Tony ran a yamaha the following years sponsored by Gerald Brown. I believed they placed 36th on their first outing at the island. I hope this is good for you and maybe we can find out and bring this story one step closer.
Cheers
Brian

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 am 
On the Starting Grid

Be still my heart!

Brian, you're the man. I'm hoping with your help we'll get to the bottom of this mystery. Either it was theirs or it wasn't, once we find out which it is we'll be further along.

If there's anything I can do picturewise or otherwise please let me know as soon as possible.

I'm easily reachable on Skype = jerrykap, email= jerrykap@pacbell.net or mobile phone = 530-902-1670.

Thanks so much for your efforts on our behalf...it's really appreciated.

C-Ya 8-)

Post subject: Breakthrough ID?
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 pm 
On the Starting Grid

Is this our rig? It may be. The front wheel looks different than it's current configuration but it may have been changed out at a later date. Thank you Brian Edwards for getting in touch with me concerning this mystery outfit. I hope you're right. If any of you out there following this thread know how to get in touch with Brian Meeson it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry 8-)

Hi Jerry
I have only one photo of the chair at this moment and it was taken, on route to Bradden Bridge at the TT, this was in 1976. Brian Meeson is the driver and Tony O’Brien the passenger. Meeson is still alive somewhere in the Cornwall area of England, Tony died back in 1982 of a tumor on the brain. This is not a great shot but something to work from. I will try to get to my shots, maybe Sunday. I have been working every day solid for the last month and will be heading for Arizona on Wednesday. Bear with me my man, it may work out who knows. My friend in Africa is looking for a Konig or maybe a Kawasaki triple chair if you know of anything that is going. Cheers
Brian

Attachments:
TonyOBrienIOM1976.jpg
TonyOBrienIOM1976.jpg [ 27.21 KiB | Viewed 400 times ]

Post subject: Solved the riddle!
Unread postPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:19 am 
On the Starting Grid

The beautiful original finish came to light after careful sanding of the fiberglas. Lo and behold were Joe and Alma Rocheleau, the racers (Americans from the midwest) and the builder was MGF. I'm working on finding contact info for Joe & Alma. They do appear in the TT database in a competitor profile , actually more of an interview with Alma. They were on the Isle in `74 when their rig had a 3 cyl. BSA motor. My friend, Larry Coleman remembers racing against them here in the states and has contacted Bob Bakker on our behalf to find out more about Joe & Alma.

I was saddened to learn about Fidelman's tragic suicide, but I think the compny is still ongoig under different ownership?

If anyone wants to see photos of the original color scheme just get in touch with me and I'll email them to you.

Thanks to all for your interest and feel free to stay in touch.

C-ya, 8-) Jerry Kaplan
Davis, CA
jerrykap@pacbell.net

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2