The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Re: The SideCar Show Presented by SlowPhil.

Unread post by SlowPhil »

In the temple were all the people of the town, the rich at the front sat in ornate pews that they had bought themselves, row by row moving back from the altar the pews became more humble till at the back poor folk sat on the floor, some on prayer mats that they had brought along but our widow, at the very back sat on the bare stone floor. When the collection plate came round it started of course at the front with the rich people, they heaped it with gold and jewels, so much that it had to be continually emptied, the priests were very pleased! When the plate reached our widow at the back of the temple it was not so grand, instead of gold it was now filled with copper coins and was a sorry affair indeed, as it approached our widow she stood and dug in the clothes for a donation but found almost nothing, a mite the very smallest denomination of coin, tiny, dark and battered, just like our widow. She placed it in the plate without looking up. She didn’t stay to see the pomp of the rich men and women leaving in their grand carnages, she walked home, limping and stopping occasionally to rest. No one saw her and nobody from the temple ever knew that she had given more than the whole congregation; she had given all she had.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/SlowPhil
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 83 Lee Paterson, Jo and Matt Williams in an extra long Christmas special.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
http://www.steveenglish.com/index.php/s ... decar-show
At Print Roller Services I find my friend Lee Patterson not sat behind a desk as some might expect but in his very busy roller-manufacturing workshop, working faster than the young men around him. This guy makes his own luck, starts early and finishes late to get it done! We talk of his racing career and of course about his association with the ‘flying post man’ Conrad.

A few days latter I find myself in Roade with Jo and Matt Williams. As a lot of you will know Mat had a bit of a crash at the end of the 2014 season at Darley, he was badly hurt but that unbelievably saved his life!

Some of you will know that Sidecar Radio has been raising money for Leighton Hospital Radio, we have exceeded our target but that doesn’t mean you cant help, all our equipment is old so the smallest contribution will be very welcome.
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/SlowPhil

My huge thanks go out to Marion, Steve English Gary Bloke and every one that have taken part in the shows this year. Remember people; it’s all about you so please contact me if you fancy a chat!!

SlowPhil
Attachments
Sticker2.JPG
Sticker2.JPG (82.17 KiB) Viewed 72330 times
Lee Patterson.jpg
Lee Patterson.jpg (25.61 KiB) Viewed 72330 times
Jo and Matt.JPG
Jo and Matt.JPG (257.76 KiB) Viewed 72330 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

An appeal for help from SlowPhil

I’m SlowPhil and here on the Internet I have many friends, some I know in the analogue world but most only through the keyboard. Most of you, in the UK but also lots in Europe and some even further away, well now I need your help.
The biggest most common interest among us is racing, bikes, cars, Karts and of course Sidecars, we have done it, we have helped others do it and we have watched it with passion and with commitment. It brings us a sense of purpose, of direction and ultimately a true sense of belonging.
Every thing that happens to us in real life is reflected in the race paddock, people get old and retire from work just like we get old and leave active racing. But unlike the ‘real’ world we also get hurt quite frequently, I myself had a crash this year at Darley Moor and my passenger Lady Sidecar and team mate Paul ‘Batty’ Bateman came off slightly worse at Cadwell park just a month later.
My point is that we as a group have probably spent quite a bit of time injured and for some a considerable time in hospital. Three months ago I started working with Leighton Hospital Radio near Crew in Cheshire as a presenter to try to give something back.
Radio Leighton was set up in 1966 and has undergone many changes in technology since then, All equipment and running costs are met through charitable donations, I and all of my fellow presenters give our time free of charge.
I’m presenting a show featuring ‘Swing and Big Band’ music here, Christmas Day, New Years Day and would like you to please help me buy a new CD deck for the studio; this will help me and all the other presenters to produce even better shows.
If you’re at home now and your life isn’t to bad, please spare a thought to all the people who are stuck in hospital today.
The deck costs £350.00 and I would ask you please to give any thing you can afford at: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/SlowPhil
All of us from SideCar Radio and the Swing Show here at Radio Leighton would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a peaceful, prosperous, safe and fast 2016!
See us at:
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
Please share
Many thanks
SlowPhil.
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 84 Featuring Mitch Judkins, Jo Williams and Phil Morris of PMR.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
Jo Williams discusses the life and times of her friend, renowned lady passenger Mich Judkins. From a very young age Mich was in the thick of it with the multy bike ‘Judkins’ team. Life can put a person through the wringer and it’s a testament to Mich that she is still part of the racing foreground supporting and being a big part of the current success that surrounds Team Founds.

I find myself again in the Oswestry Motorcycle Road Racing Museum talking to team boss Phil Morris. 2016 is a very exciting year for the team and Phil tells me of their plans for an attack on the super bike TT!
Phil offers all racers and listeners to the show some great discounts and free stuff!
The Museum is well worth a look see them here: https://www.facebook.com/philmorrisracing/videos

As always my thanks go out to everybody who helped produce this show. Best wishes and a happy, fast and safe 2016 to all Sidecar fans out there!
Please share

SP.
Attachments
Sticker2.JPG
Sticker2.JPG (82.17 KiB) Viewed 72295 times
Phil Morris.jpg
Phil Morris.jpg (100.9 KiB) Viewed 72295 times
me and mich.JPG
me and mich.JPG (178.63 KiB) Viewed 72295 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

https://www.gofundme.com/nhq9xb9g
https://www.gofundme.com/z8q9dzh5

Come on, these are two great teams. SideCar radio has given a tenner to both teams, please get on board :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 86 I chat with Eddie Roberts about the coming season at Mallory Park and to British F2 champion Tom Peters about his coming year out.

www.sidecarradio.co.uk

Mallory Park was looking quite fragile just two years ago when I first interviewed Eddie Roberts and Stuart Hicken but those boys have risen to the enormous challenge, taken the place by the scruff of it’s neck and put it back as a top British track!
Tom Peters tells me of his racing carrier and massive success in the TT and British F2 championship, the highs and lows and his reasons for taking the 2016 season out of racing.

Please Share

SP
Attachments
Sticker2.JPG
Sticker2.JPG (82.17 KiB) Viewed 72149 times
12548873_10208797666758569_811129436976357654_n.jpg
12548873_10208797666758569_811129436976357654_n.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 72149 times
12118600_10207140489888494_848795709692501024_n.jpg
12118600_10207140489888494_848795709692501024_n.jpg (124.37 KiB) Viewed 72149 times
11802554_10207335188480676_9104623644813588717_o.jpg
11802554_10207335188480676_9104623644813588717_o.jpg (61.03 KiB) Viewed 72149 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 88 A sneak preview into 2016 with Alan and Pete Founds.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
http://steveenglish.com/index.php/slowp ... decar-show
Regular listeners to the show will know how much I think of this team and all the people in it, I feel that without Team Founds Sidecars wouldn’t be the same, on top of all the fun they bring, their winners too!
We talk of the pinnacle of Alan’s driving carrier in winning the British FSRA F2 championship and of Pete’s plans to try for it this season.
A date for your diary is 24.03.20016 just one week away when the whole of Team Founds will descend on the Coach House Inn in the centre of Chester to meet all us fans and entertain us on a truly grand scale, see you there!
Please share
SP
Attachments
sticker.jpg
sticker.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 71990 times
Coach House Inn.JPG
Coach House Inn.JPG (148.59 KiB) Viewed 71990 times
Alan and Tom F2 Champs.JPG
Alan and Tom F2 Champs.JPG (214.21 KiB) Viewed 71990 times
72 & 44.JPG
72 & 44.JPG (588.73 KiB) Viewed 71990 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 89 Gary Bloke and a 2016 preseason round up.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
http://steveenglish.com/index.php/slowp ... decar-show
All the way up to North Yorkshire for a friendly chat with TT passenger, cleaner and window licker Gary Bloke.

I had hoped to air my interview from the Manchester bike show but the sound quality was so bad that it wasn’t possible, that’s saying a lot for this show!

I have to give my heart felt thanks to every body that helped on the SideCar Radio stand at the Manchester Bike Show; we had a fantastic time and met some great new friends.

I’m looking for sponsors for SideCar Radio and would like to offer our advertising services to you, your company or cause, if that cause interests us it may be free!

Stay safe and if you’re doing nothing better come to Mallory this weekend (10/11 April 16).

SlowPhil
Attachments
Manc show.JPG
Manc show.JPG (342.43 KiB) Viewed 71908 times
Gary Leap.JPG
Gary Leap.JPG (135.21 KiB) Viewed 71908 times
Gary Bloke.JPG
Gary Bloke.JPG (223.2 KiB) Viewed 71908 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Sidecar Legend Dave Kimberley coming to this show very soon!!
We had a great chat and he even agreed to come and show me what he can do with a BEARs sidecar!! Photo by Marica Jones
Attachments
DK.jpg
DK.jpg (196.71 KiB) Viewed 71246 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 91: An interview with the one and only Dave Kimberley :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: .
http://www.sidecarradio.co.uk
This radio thing is mad; I drive all over the country and meet some great folk. This show has been outstanding for me; Dave K is one of the nicest and most straight forward blokes I have ever met. He tells me of his life in sidecar racing, the ups and the dreadful, painful downs. I learned a lot about the man and I’m sure we will be firm friends from now on. I feel that if we all tried to help each other just a little more, our sport would be in better shape!
Dave is planning to come racing with the SideCar Radio team at BHR events in the BEARs Sidecar championship, further shows with this stalwart of motorsport are planned.
My next outing on the BEARs bike is at Cadwell Park 24/26 of June 2016 where Lady SideCar will be making her come back, sharing her seat may be GP star Gary Partridge but that is, of course subject to contract and whether he approves of the trailer we have got for him!
This show was made before the tragic loss of precious lives at the 2016 TT. My prayers are for those brave young men and my heartfelt condolences go out to all their friends and family members.
As always my thanks go out to everybody who helped me get this one out.
Please share
SlowPhil
Attachments
Dave Kimberley.jpg
Dave Kimberley.jpg (78.73 KiB) Viewed 71146 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 92
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
The British Historic Racing club and the Vintage Motor Cycle club held a joint 50th and 70th celebration at Cadwell Park two weeks ago and I was lucky enough to speak to the president of the VMCC Mr. Rodney Hann about his role within the club and his thoughts about us racers, from the view point of a restorer. A week later I speak to the guy who was Clerk of the Course on that weekend, my friend Steve Kowalski. I knew he didn’t have an easy time but I didn’t understand how hard a program he had to get through.
Last week I sat and talked to a guy that all F2 and Sidecar TT racers will know, Dave Hudsbeth. Dave and I talked about the Triumph 675 engined outfit, the TT and of course Nick Crowe.
Further up the road I find my co presenter Gary Bloke and in our usual irreverent style, we talk about all the new blood coming to the BEARs grid and in particular a Kevin Cock and Steve English team! We round up current events in the FSRA British Championship and then Gary Bloke and I try to put the sidecar world to rights, well he does and I just listen.
As always my heartfelt thanks to all that helped make this show, Please Share.
SlowPhil 07730784975
Attachments
Tim Penn hands over to Rodney Hann.jpg
Tim Penn hands over to Rodney Hann.jpg (261.79 KiB) Viewed 70484 times
Steve Kowalski.jpg
Steve Kowalski.jpg (61.16 KiB) Viewed 70484 times
Gary Bloke.jpg
Gary Bloke.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 70484 times
Dave Hudbeth.jpg
Dave Hudbeth.jpg (38.91 KiB) Viewed 70484 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 93 A Belgian ‘Borderline’ Disaster.
PLEASE SHARE.
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/BorderlineRacing
As many of you already know, long time close friends and team mates Jim Hamilton and Mick Fairhurst of ‘Borderline Racing’ have suffered the cruelest of blows out in Chimay last week. Guest rider Scott Lawrie and Mick were setting the track alight in the races after a problematic practice, it was said by one seasoned European sidecar pilot that in more than twenty years of road racing he had never seen anyone ‘beat those chicanes’ like Scott and Mick! In the second and final race it was time to put the Scottish hammer down! A little half spin and recovery was not enough to slow the lads below the leaders pace on lap six and all was looking good when Mick, on one of the long straights, happened to look up inside the fairing only to see ‘the racers nightmare’ flames! Pulling over near a marshal point the bike was soon showing signs that the fire was taking hold, Scott and Mick ran to the marshal point only to find that there were no fire extinguishers, and instead of radioing the ‘situation’ to the clerk or setting flags to warn racers that were still battling, these ‘marshals’ filmed the tragedy as Jim’s pride and joy burnt! Whilst there may be a chance of an insurance claim against the circuit or the club, Jim and I don’t think that will happen and Jim doesn’t want the club to suffer. We, the sidecar community have to thank God and our lucky stars that Mick and Scott were un hurt in this but we are also facing the awful possibility that we might lose Mick and Jim from sidecar racing. I have set up this page to try and raise enough money to get Borderline Racing back on track, I don’t expect to be able to get enough money to buy a bike as good as the one that was lost but please, let’s try our best! I would like to assure you that if you contribute any amount to this fund and we are lucky enough to get any money from the circuit then the balance in full will be given to charity. Please contact me on 07730784975 if I can be of any help at all. More details at: http://www.sidecarradio.co.uk
If I bought you a drink, would you buy me one back? Well think of this as you buying the first round. Please donate just a couple of pounds and when we meet just tell me that I owe you a drink and we can talk about the great thing you have done for our friends!
Attachments
Mick and Scott.jpg
Mick and Scott.jpg (34.43 KiB) Viewed 70272 times
Mick and Jim small.jpg
Mick and Jim small.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 70272 times
J&M EF.jpg
J&M EF.jpg (78.94 KiB) Viewed 70272 times
Burnt Bike.JPG
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 94 John Lawson :notworthy: and Jim Hamilton :notworthy: talk about the Scott Lawrie :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ‘come back’!
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
I’m so sorry not to have been up to Scotland to meet up with Scott but the next best thing was to get over to Retford and talk to one of the team sponsors John Lawson. John is a fella with strong ties with sidecar racing and a familiar figure on the British and world scenes. We talk about his experience with the Birchalls, Hegartys and now team SLR. Jim Hamilton, in a dodgy phone interview, tells me of his times with Scott and how things are progressing with the Borderline Racing fund. My thanks to all those kind folk who have given so far, please if you can, just a pound would do!! https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... e=Facebook
As ever my thanks to all those who took part in this show. PLEASE SHARE.
SP :roll:
Attachments
John Lawson Borderline 94.jpg
John Lawson Borderline 94.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 70069 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 95 BHR Sidecar champions, Jo Clements, Andy Thomas, Ben and Dean Dickinson.
www.sidecarradio.co.uk
A rare treat to get four of the best folk I’ve met in sidecar racing together on one show. These two crews both with shiny new passengers have managed to blitz the considerable opposition in two BHR sidecar classes and go forward to win championships with a round to spare!
I try never to ask my victims to drive to meet me but as Jo and Andy live a long way apart it was easy just to meet up in a motorway car park. The interview was fun but these two are just too modest!!
Ben and Dean live right up near Cadwell and were great fun to be with. It’s a fairy tale season for them with a 100% win record to take the championship; the BEARs class has had a spanking from these boys! We talk about the huge learning curve and who they are going to give it to next!
As ever my thanks to all the people who helped me make this show.
PLEASE SHARE
SP
Attachments
Ben passenger 95.jpg
Ben passenger 95.jpg (68.22 KiB) Viewed 69865 times
Ben and Dean chat 95.jpg
a Jo and Andy.jpg
a Jo and Andy.jpg (90.05 KiB) Viewed 69865 times
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop

Show 96 A Bonanza Preview.
http://www.sidecarradio.co.uk
Brief chats with sidecar superstars centring mainly on the Auto66 event at Cadwell Park that’s now just days away.
I talk to the young gun Harry Payne about his new partnership with Maria Costello MBE and their ride at the Bonanza on Dave DeMott’s wonderful F2
I don’t like telephone interviews but for this show I had to break my own rule twice with great chats with Sean Hegarty and Tim Langham, Sean and Juggy are riding a BEARs on the classic grid along with Lady Sidecar and I and two others! Tim tells me about all the work that has gone into making this year’s Bonanza the best yet!
My mate Chick Marsh and I have a little announcement to make about our F1 plans for next season; I can’t thank this guy enough!
As ever, my heartfelt thanks to everybody who made this show possible.
PLEASE SHARE
SP
Attachments
Sean Hegarty and James Neave.jpg
Sean Hegarty and James Neave.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 69437 times
JCM.jpg
JCM.jpg (165.1 KiB) Viewed 69437 times
Harry P.jpg