Payne/Rousseau with Steinhausen Racing for 2023

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Payne/Rousseau with Steinhausen Racing for 2023

Unread post by steve-e »

https://www.speedweek.com/seitenwagen/n ... sseau.html

CLICK THE LINK FOR THE FULL ARTICLE
It was already apparent in Oschersleben and Estoril when Harry Payne was rescued. Now it's official, Steinhausen Racing is returning to the sidecar world championship with the Brit.

It all started last year at the round of the sidecar world championship in Oschersleben. Harry Payne and his co-driver at the time had come to clarify details for their entry into the World Cup and to hold talks with potential sponsors. Last but not least, through the mediation of the author of these lines, we came into contact with Rolf Steinhausen and Payne/Wilkes were allowed to test his Adolf RS in the warm-up.

From the point of view of both parties, the test rounds went so satisfactorily that it was quickly agreed to take part in the world championship finals in Estoril (Portugal). Payne, who had already attracted attention with a fifth place in the first race in Assen (Netherlands), found his way around the Adolf RS so well that after a sixth place in the first race, he gave a satisfied smile with his victory in race 2 Steinhausen took care of that.

Because the 30-year-old Briton, who, like many of his competitors, started his career as a passenger and finished twelfth in the Tourist Trophy alongside his compatriot Michael Jackson in 2018, had already bought a sidecar for 2022, this one-off remained Cooperation between him and the Steinhausen Racing team. But they stayed in touch, which paid off for Payne this year.

The season started with a double bang for Payne/Wilkes. At the first World Championship race in Le Mans (France), the pair achieved pole position, which was followed shortly thereafter by a spectacular crash, which only with a lot of luck remained without serious injuries. However, the weekend was ruined. After not starting in the first race, an eighth place was the highest feeling for the World Championship favorites.

In the long racing break between the British World Championship round in Donington and the sidecar festival in Oschersleben (Germany), contact was renewed with Steinhausen, who immediately offered his help to enable the Briton to take part in the remaining races. Fifth place in the World Championship table could be defended with a team selflessly made available by a French team.

Already in Oschersleben it was somehow foreseeable that another collaboration between Payne and Steinhausen Racing was on the horizon for 2023. A new Adolf RS is currently being built. The first roll-out should be possible in mid-March. One of the best co-drivers was found in 29-year-old Frenchman Kevin Rousseau, who won three World Championship races alongside Tim Reeves in 2021.

“I learned a lot this year. I know what I can do on the bike when everything is right. The Steinhausen team knows how to prepare a bike and they are people I can trust 100%. I want to repay them for putting their trust in me after this year's disasters, and I have no doubts that I will be able to do that."

READ THE REST ON THE LINK ABOVE!!!
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember