new be

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: fan

new be

Unread post by tz55uk »

Hi all firstly thankyou for excepting me to the group.im Andy an ex 125 250 racer from them 90s finished racing in 2003 through family and trying to be sensible after getting rid of the woman and children getting older and living the dream on a narrow boat means more money. I'm thinking of a restart in racing on 3 wheels. So my questions are f1 or f2 I'm 6;3 tall and most importantly costs of things. How much would ten grand get me etc any help would be greatly appreciated. Once again thankyou for your time yours andy
Dave Mallon
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: C/Technical NEMCRC

Re: new be

Unread post by Dave Mallon »

Hi Andy, Its always good to hear of someone new coming into sidecar racing.I used to race sidecars a few years ago and still show an interest in that side of the sport. A pal of mine is selling his Molyneux F2 outfit and it would be an ideal outfit for someone to start with.He is asking £8000 and comes with spares. You can contact him on 0191 386 6777 if you are interested.
Dave
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Unread post by SlowPhil »

Come over to the dark side Andy, a BEARs outfit just like the one Steve English :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: will be on next season can be less than two grand!

Call me any time on 07730784975
Attachments
12650873_10156595891945226_3973465376801275697_n.jpg
12650873_10156595891945226_3973465376801275697_n.jpg (70.39 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
joeheys123
Scything Through The Field
Full Name: joseph heys

Unread post by joeheys123 »

Hello Andy,
much depends on where you envisage going with the revived racing career and of course depth of pocket.
Many of us past racers have a ball and without breaking the bank in the 350, post classic and pre injection class. Outfits are still very competitive, you will race alongside some highly experienced yet completely approachable folk and be surrounded with help and support.

Very welcome to give me a call anytime for further info regarding the class or purchase of a freshly built, ready to race machine .
cheers,
Joe.

01204 520726
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Hi all sorry for delay lots of work I dont no where to go with this really maybe Darley moor and selected club meetings id like a crack at some British stuff but the cost of things looks massive as I'm tall I think a F1 might be the way forward .
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Unread post by Dan »

Depends how tall 'tall' is Andy :o . Lee Crawford is a long un and he drives a short un, with just a tad :? of success as it happens :trophy:. There are quite a few tall F2 drivers on the grids, you make the bike fit you by altering the seat unit and pedal/lever positions :thumbup:
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Well I'm 6;3 so hopefully be ok iv seen a f2 moly outfit on ea which seems realistic then its the complete set up again and most importantly a passenger would they be easy to come by again many thanks for the help
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by Dan »

Passengers aren't as easy as find as they used to be, unfortunately. We used to be able to replace them easily when they decided to jump off mid race [welcome.gif] . After a quick visit to see them in the medical centre :twak: you just put a request out and there was a queue of other idiots eager volunteers ready to jump on the platform.

If you keep checking the classifieds on here you might be able to find a willing recruit. Andy Lund has an ad on there now, if he hasn't found a ride since he asked on 20 Aug. You might not get a very experienced passenger as you are just starting out in the game, but sometimes it is nice to have somebody with you who is a newcomer too so you can both get the experience together without you having to worry that you might not be good enough for someone with experience. Having said that, some passengers are happy to ride with anyone and that would be good for you as they would be able to give you some good advice on technique.........just remember the golden rule of sidecar racing; if anything goes wrong it always the passenger's fault, you are innocent ;) you are a driver :notworthy:

Sometimes you find passengers who are willing to ride at practice days :thumbup: even if they are not available for actual race meetings :cry:

It may also help to let people know where you are based as it will give some idea to prospective passengers about travelling distances and the clubs/meetings you are likely to be racing at.

Good luck
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !
mark_d
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: Results guru
Full Name: Mark Dennis
Twitter: @MarkDennis2

Unread post by mark_d »

I would suggest getting yourself to a few meetings before you make any decisions, there is Cadwell Park this weekend with Auto66 predominantly F2s, also Mallory Park on Sunday for the FSRA British F350/PC championship. check on the front of the site under dates to see what is left. There are still a few meetings which will involve most classes, plus the sidecar Bonanza at Cadwell Park 22nd/23rd October.
Results guru
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Hi all iv decided the way forward is f2 but it'll be 2018 I think so alot of organization till then and hopefully alot of fun to look forward to thankyou again to the ones of words of wisdom #55
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by Dan »

You must have your reasons for putting off your sidecar debut until 2018 Andy [azz.gif] but don't waste all of 2017. Get to as many meetings as you can, those with sidecars anyway :thumbup: , and start talking to and getting to know some of the sidecar family. You might be surprised how you will be welcomed :grouphug: and you will be able to pick up lots of valuable information and tips, in addition to getting to know some of your fellow racers [chug.gif] . Good luck with your plans but don't totally forget about racing next year if circumstances change, you can never start early enough :storkb: .
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Hopefully that's the latest iv got to finish my home a narrow boat and that means more money instead of loads of house bills lol.im going cadwell for the two days and hopefully take it from there try get more knowledge and see what I can put together but looking forward for the future and enjoy this
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Well after going cadwell iv had time to think on my return. Iv know decided to put my narrowboat up forsale and buy an outfit in the new season . So please be aware ill be asking to many questions in next few months. So anyone near nuneaton i can chew there ears of in getting as much knowledge as possible. Yours andy
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders

Unread post by Dan »

Good decision, well done Andy :thumbup: Try not to leave it too long before you buy an outfit so you get time to play with it, i.e. pull it apart and put it back together, so you know the ins and outs of it before you get to a meeting [brick.gif]
tz55uk
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by tz55uk »

Hi all not been around racing at all this year as of yet had to rebuild my narrow boat to sell it but as of yet still no decent offers but hopefully this time iv a buyer in August when iv painted it so hopefully and saying hopefully I can start my return to this racing lark again for next season.