Chris Vincent

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
mark_d
Smashed all the Records
D/P/T/M/S: Results guru
Full Name: Mark Dennis
Twitter: @MarkDennis2

Chris Vincent

Unread post by mark_d »

From his son Jay

It's wth great sadness to announce the passing of my dad the legend Chris Vincent early yesterday morning, my life won't be the same without you, R.I.P my hero.
Attachments
B8320E91-AE32-4BE6-943A-B8099E3C2388.png
B8320E91-AE32-4BE6-943A-B8099E3C2388.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 1862 times
Results guru
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Re: Chris Vincent

Unread post by petercaughlin »

In the early 70`s belting up the M6 for the TT we spotted a bloke on the hard shoulder pushing a big Kwacker we stopped and asked and he said he`d borrowed it but did`nt check fuel and was dry so we managed to get some from ours to his to get him to the next services,later we pulled into one of the services near to the port and he was sitting in there, he shouted over and bought us a coffee, when we asked him what he was doing he said he was going to the Island to do a demo or something on a sidecar,"You might know me he said I`m Chris Vincent".and then the penny dropped as I thought I recognised him but was`nt sure. One of the more interesting cups of coffee in my life, Thanks Chris, RIP
p.a.caughlin
Dave Mallon
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: C/Technical NEMCRC

Re: Chris Vincent

Unread post by Dave Mallon »

R.I.P. Chris. On my first visit to the TT in 62 I witnessed Chris take the sidecar win it was a great achievement.Very sad to loose such a great sidecar driver.