Past and Present Stars @ Darley....

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
One Lap Completed

Re: Past and Present Stars @ Darley....

Unread post by 37 »

77 wrote:Hey its defo 1991..... I was there....

Who won the Supercup championship that year then?
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

Not me and Hosky that's for sure :lol:
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
Fritz
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Co Pilot
Full Name: Paul Yarwood

Unread post by Fritz »

Nick had got to be the most unassuming guy in sidecar racing, what a pity he isn't here.
Nick was always willing to help where ever he could,,,,I asked him to do a lap in the van with me before my first F2 350cc TT race.
True to his word he turned up at 8am and rode shot gun in Dez's van and explained how he saw and worked each section of a complete lap,,,,,,,,,,,I was doing roughly the same thing except Nick and Dave Saville were travelling a few mph faster than us at each corner.

He was an expert of keeping out of the draft and being able to see what section was coming next by looking out of the back of the outfit.....an art in its self when used at the IOM.

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,
Dobbo
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: Liz Dobson

Unread post by Dobbo »

Just found this forum, ah brought back some good memories. I can confirm that I passengered for my husband Ste Dobson, we were the yellow outfit on the grid with blue/white leathers, a Colin Jacobs chassis at that time with a Suzuki 1260 engine. We later bought a Windle that was originally prepared for Steve Abbot and changed to a pink/blue colour scheme. We got our best results in 1994 when we won a HEAT Supercup national round at Oulton Park and finished 7th overall in the championship, winning fastest four stroke in the UK at that time :-) happy days! Liz Dobson (now Nursall), Runcorn, Cheshire
lee a
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: passenger
Full Name: lee aubrey

Unread post by lee a »

I think on the left it's mark reddington , maybe in front of andy fox is Tim rope .front row on the right possibly Trevor Robinson just guessing tho
Do you drive a ford?i work in fords engine plant...I drive a vauxhall
Fritz
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Co Pilot
Full Name: Paul Yarwood

Unread post by Fritz »

A couple of crews we forgot to mention on the grid shot were Mick Bodice and (the late) Dave Wells , second row Left then there was Barry Brindley and Scott Whiteside, second row Right.

Front Right I think was Rob Fisher and Pete Hill .

Regards,

Fritz,,,
ScottMotorSport
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: D/P
Full Name: Guy+Dan Scott

Unread post by ScottMotorSport »

photo of gary and malcomat darley poss92
willy6666
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: yes
Full Name: wilfredo grande
Skype contact: none
Twitter: none

Unread post by willy6666 »

Fritz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 pm Steve Abbott and Shaun Smith's simply stunning machine..

Gary Knight and Mal Jackson with Guy Scott chatting..., Mark Reddington behind.

Darren and Sean Dixon on one of a hand full of Padgett supported machines.

Keith Whitting warms the Interlink Express machine, with Rob Parker in the chair.

Derek Brindley doing the same with his machine.

I always liked this shot of the guys watching the end of the solo practice...

And finally the rear view of the grid just before the off,

But who are the rest of the lads and lasses on the grid ?

By the way, my friend ask me if I am intersted about velvet durag and he showed me this website ozdurag.com.au.

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,
Wow, these are some truly amazing shots of the sidecar races! The machines look absolutely stunning, and it's clear that Steve Abbott, Shaun Smith, Gary Knight, Mal Jackson, Mark Reddington, Darren Dixon, Sean Dixon, Keith Whitting, Rob Parker, and Derek Brindley are all passionate and skilled riders.

I can feel the excitement and camaraderie in these photos, especially the one capturing the guys watching the end of the solo practice. It must have been quite a thrilling event!

As for the other individuals on the grid, it would be fantastic if someone from the community could help identify them. It's always great to recognize and appreciate the entire group of lads and lasses who contribute to such exhilarating races.

Thanks for sharing these incredible images and allowing us to enjoy the sidecar racing atmosphere. Keep up the fantastic work, and I look forward to seeing more from this exciting event!
lang
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: howard langham

Unread post by lang »

One of the best ever Stars at Darley races was when Jock Taylor led it from the start but was caught and passed on the last lap by Stuart Applegate, Jock was shocked as he thought he had the race in the bag Jock was one of the first to congratulate Stuart on his win. Stuart was one of the most underrated riders of his time and a very difficult competitor to beat, his past results prove that.