Klaus Enders Busch Chassis

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: tony wheatley

Re: Klaus Enders Busch Chassis

Unread post by tonybsa2008 »

John,so by your theory on engines,a 8 valve 1300cc Vincent would be ok yes?The drawings were done in the 50s,so it could have been done so its eligible?
kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew »

tonybsa2008 wrote:John,so by your theory on engines,a 8 valve 1300cc Vincent would be ok yes?The drawings were done in the 50s,so it could have been done so its eligible?
Tony, I don't think that John wanted anyone to take that literally, I think he said it to point out that the rules could sometimes be a bit silly. :( :(
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Skype contact: JRS RACING

Unread post by 666 »

kew wrote:
tonybsa2008 wrote:John,so by your theory on engines,a 8 valve 1300cc Vincent would be ok yes?The drawings were done in the 50s,so it could have been done so its eligible?
Tony, I don't think that John wanted anyone to take that literally, I think he said it to point out that the rules could sometimes be a bit silly. :( :(
Hello,Tony and kew I think the rule says that if an engine of the period looks the same from the outside the internals are free,but I also have in the back of my mind there is a rule about 4valves per cyl which may exclude it. the 4 valve Molnar Manx has been refused eligibility. I have heard somewhere that Tommo's 8valve Vincent would be ok in period 4 as would Howards Konig. Please don't take this as gospel i may have mis interpreted what i have heard. And yes Kew I do think some of the rules to be a little ambiguous.
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: John Nienhuis

Unread post by sidecarracing »

First of all "my theory on engines"? No, I'm trying to understand/read the rules (of the sidecar classes within the CRMC).
Secondly, the Irving Vincent in 1300cc form had/has 2 valves per cylinder, also the first version of the 1600 has 2 valves per cylinder.
Only fairly recently have they made a 1600 version with 4 valves per cylinder.
Have to add that the quoted power figure of the 1300 is on methanol.
Setting the Fastest Lap

Unread post by 666 »

27" high 52"wide at bottom 42" at top ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
triman
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: faber
Full Name: jim todd

Unread post by triman »

no 5 (491 x 419).jpg
no 5 (491 x 419).jpg
more pic,s of Enders outfit at silverstone 1972
Attachments
no 4 (491 x 422).jpg
lang
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: howard langham

Unread post by lang »

Great pictures, highlighting just how different the BMW rennsport engine, gearbox and dellorto TF carburettors are, compered to the huge road bike units, used by the majority today.
RARING TO GO
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: michel Duneige

Unread post by RARING TO GO »

Yes Howard, nothing like the BM's raced today, not the case with your Konny eh? :shock:
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: John Nienhuis

Unread post by sidecarracing »

666 wrote:
sidecarracing wrote:back again, especially after the last few posts where the Beemers are mentioned...

Who will give the proof that there were pre-1973, 1000cc BMW's(or even more, because I hear the rumours that the fastest Beemers around are 1200/1300cc) being raced...?!

I will give you the answer: no one, because they didn't exist...

Or is it that because of the classic class limit being 1300cc that any engine can be raced at a larger displacement as that they were raced in the period?

From my eyes only Imp's and Vincent should be allowed to race with 1000cc, because that were the two (widely used) engines in the period with such displacement.

Just my two cents.
John,I think the biggest BMW using a standard crankcase is 1070, to get anything bigger you would have to move the barrel studs out for a bigger bore, that would mean either modifying the crankcase (welding the area around the c/case to be able to have enough material to move the studs and bore out the c/case mouth to accept the liner of a new barrel) There is another way, this would special barrels (a lot Longer) to sit on the top of the crankcase mouth without the need for a liner fitting into the c/case,you would need some very long rods, this would obviously make a very wide engine. I don't think anybody would do this. Or the other way would be a longer stroke and i am not sure there is enough in the c/case to achieve this.

To drag an old topic up... have a look at the latest BHR results and then turn your attention to the results of race 7, look at no.4...the first one to openly say it - so I think...but there are more!

http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresults/ ... round2.pdf
Setting the Fastest Lap

Unread post by 666 »

John, Knowing Tommo and Drew Thompson I think they may be having a little fun with a wind up. :D :D
triman
In Collection Area
D/P/T/M/S: faber
Full Name: jim todd

Unread post by triman »

how do I put pictures on please
Richard Rollings
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: driver/teaboy
Twitter: @madmille

Unread post by Richard Rollings »

A very interesting discussion. One of the best threads on here for a while 8-)
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dave Mallon
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: C/Technical NEMCRC

Unread post by Dave Mallon »

Triman Jim send your pictures to Steve English and he will put them on for you.More Bms I hope.