Brake bias- tubular long chassis

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
G JONES
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: Gordon Jones

Re: Brake bias- tubular long chassis

Unread post by G JONES »

Well that's better - but we had issues with scrutineering at Cadwell with a similar setup - and he was absolutely right - that setup is a problem if the one cylinder fails - the pedal will go to the floor on the failed side and put no pressure on the remaining good cylinder - so the addition of a "guide bar in the middle gets around that - try find a picture...
3 x clevises - centre one is just a guide to keep the mechanism from kicking over if one circuit fails..
BTW - whoever's riding that bike with the original setup is very brave - (or something else)
I do have a good picture of MR Equipe setup that mike sent me a few years ago - but without asking - I'll not post it..
The attachment m_cyl1.jpg is no longer available
m_cyl1.jpg
m_cyl1.jpg (146.64 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
2 strokes are the future...
TZ Parts List
http://tz350.co.uk
Had to laugh at this I heard somewhere... "You can't polish a Turd"
paulsparkie
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Driver retired again
Full Name: sparkie
Skype contact: paulsparkie

Unread post by paulsparkie »

Yes John used a triangle shaped pivot when he built that originally,if one master cylinder failed it would drop on the side that failed and also lock so the other master cylinder operated when pushed back.
Eric & Julie
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: D&P
Full Name: Eric Lenser
Twitter: eric_ledebile

Unread post by Eric & Julie »

G JONES wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 pm 3 x clevises - centre one is just a guide to keep the mechanism from kicking over if one circuit fails..
BTW - whoever's riding that bike with the original setup is very brave - (or something else)
In France we are obliged to still have another separate circuit, independent of the pedal - in my case a front lever that has it's own front caliper
I am not sure why the great concern with the original setup? While not pretty, it works. As stated, the only problem I have is that there is no way to accurately control the repartitions between front/rear..
In any case a brake balance bar is ordered, and a new pedal being designed to suit.
Thanks to all for the input