Klaus Enders Busch Chassis

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
Kieran Clarke
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: Kieran Clarke
Twitter: Mogli_9

Re: Klaus Enders Busch Chassis

Unread post by Kieran Clarke »

An also if someone builds one we can weigh them both and see what the result is. But they need to be allowed first lol
Mogli - Team Eddys - http://www.eddys-moto.co.uk
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: John Nienhuis

Unread post by sidecarracing »

666 wrote:
sidecarracing wrote:thanks for the replies people.

Just put the discussion of the bored/stroked Beemers a side for a minute and get back to the "normal" 1000cc BMW engine, BMW introduced the R100 in 1976 so why is it that these engines are used in pre-73 Classic Sidecar Racing...?

I don't think there are any major differences. Its possible that they are just more readily available.
the only major difference between a pre-73 Beemer engine and the R100 engines is 250cc's....!
tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: tony wheatley

Unread post by tonybsa2008 »

And there aint no replacement for displacement!
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: gofor
Skype contact: JRS RACING

Unread post by 666 »

sidecarracing wrote:
666 wrote:
sidecarracing wrote:thanks for the replies people.

Just put the discussion of the bored/stroked Beemers a side for a minute and get back to the "normal" 1000cc BMW engine, BMW introduced the R100 in 1976 so why is it that these engines are used in pre-73 Classic Sidecar Racing...?

I don't think there are any major differences. Its possible that they are just more readily available.
the only major difference between a pre-73 Beemer engine and the R100 engines is 250cc's....!
As long as the engine looks the same on the outside which i believe it does,the capacity of those engines is OK as the capacity limit for the period and the CRMC is 1300cc.
sidecarracing
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: John Nienhuis

Unread post by sidecarracing »

666 wrote:
[ As long as the engine looks the same on the outside which i believe it does,the capacity of those engines is OK as the capacity limit for the period and the CRMC is 1300cc.
Thanks for clearing that up, wasn´t sure what the rules were in that department.
So a 1300cc Irving Vincent engine would be just fine then I think? It looks the same on the outside and pumps out 135 bhp...
Who's taking the cheque book out? Eddy? ;-)
RARING TO GO
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: michel Duneige

Unread post by RARING TO GO »

Kieran, if I could find a Tin basher capable of building a Tin Bashed Busch I would order one in a heart beat.
Eddy Wright
Throttle on the Stop
Full Name: Eddy Wright

Unread post by Eddy Wright »

I could put you in touch with one !
Eddy Wright
Free Styler
kew
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: Keith Walters

Unread post by kew »

I reckon Rod is going to be busy. :D :D :D
I took the shell off my racing snail thinking it would make him faster.
It just made him more sluggish.
oldbelly
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes
Full Name: Geoff Bell

Unread post by oldbelly »

Going back a bit in this post. My old mans Manx outfit with bolted on Watsonian would not fit in a Thames. The sidecar either went on the roof or was tipped on its side in the said Thames. :roll:
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Unread post by petercaughlin »

sidecarracing wrote:
666 wrote:
[ As long as the engine looks the same on the outside which i believe it does,the capacity of those engines is OK as the capacity limit for the period and the CRMC is 1300cc.
If that's is the case then we are back to the hypocrisy of only allowing Honda`s to be 836cc
p.a.caughlin
Setting the Fastest Lap

Unread post by 666 »

petercaughlin wrote:
sidecarracing wrote:
666 wrote:
If that's is the case then we are back to the hypocrisy of only allowing Honda`s to be 836cc

I think when this rule was made those that made it had memories of them being so incredibly quick that they would runaway with everything,I think the idea was to help to make closer racing and that big capacity engines that were not done in period so obviously should be restricted to the capacity they were raced at within period which I think was larger than 836cc . To make a rule which said that no engine should be no bigger than it was ever raced in period would be difficult to control as there will always be someone who remembers one being built and raced and those who claim to have done it. So i believe that any engine which was around in period should be allowed including Konig as long as there is documentary proof. And although many currently used engines are possibly bigger than used in period they could have been done if anybody had wanted to,so with this in mind I believe the up to 1300 cc rule should remain for all engines.
Eddy Wright
Throttle on the Stop
Full Name: Eddy Wright

Unread post by Eddy Wright »

The Honda is fine at 836cc. They have a habit of blowing oil out and overheating if the capacity goes beyond this. They are competitive with the BMWs and the Imps at this capacity..
Eddy Wright
Free Styler
Kieran Clarke
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Passenger
Full Name: Kieran Clarke
Twitter: Mogli_9

Unread post by Kieran Clarke »

I don't know why people moan about classic racing costs when a good F2 is around £30k and same applies to an F1. Also entries for modern racing are also more expensive. All motor racing is expensive so we should count ourselves lucky
Mogli - Team Eddys - http://www.eddys-moto.co.uk
Setting the Fastest Lap

Unread post by 666 »

Ed, I think it's up to people to find the limitations of their own chosen engine and as you say the Hondas are competitive already but those that use them should have the freedom to go bigger as you and Clint have had with your Imp's.
RARING TO GO
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: michel Duneige

Unread post by RARING TO GO »

Eddy Wright wrote:I could put you in touch with one !
I would like to discuss with him how he envisions the finished machine and the toil involved in getting it to the same standard as the Busch. R&D by "others," can be a slippery slope so his vision is most important.