Sidecar CTC/BRA and Testday - 25th February (for front later)

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Sidecar CTC/BRA and Testday - 25th February (for front later)

Unread post by steve-e »

The BMCRC – Lydden Hill Sidecar Testday – Saturday February 25th 2017

Inc: ACU CTC/BRA Course for Sidecars

BMCRC, in association with RKBF1, the ACU Road Race Committee and Lydden Hill Circuit is setting up a Sidecar exclusive pre-season testday on Saturday February 25th 2017. The whole day will be dedicated to sidecar testing running from 9.15am-5.30pm.

The application form to enter the event, which in conjunction with our partners has enabled the fee to be just £75 per team for the whole day is top RH on this page. Arrival and setup will be available on Friday afternoon/evening too.

The day will be run as a Bemsee testday with our usual full Marshals, Officials and Medical cover. It will run under an ACU Permit but also be covered by a Training Permit to enable us to allow novice riders and passengers to complete their Sidecar CTC/BRA Course. The Bemsee Technical Officials will also be available to offer advice on machine compliance in advance of the season, where required.

The CTC/BRA application form is also shown top RH - you will also ned to complete and submit your 2017 ACU Licence Application Form (with completed eye-test) and a Bemsee Membership Form (both also top RH of this page)

The timetable will be structured along the following lines:

British F1 & 600 Teams testing

British F2 Teams testing

Club F1 & F2 testing

Novice F1 & F2 Testing

Sidecar BRA sessions

Practice starts (i.e. startline practice ! - SE )

Your agreement to participate on the day could mean you also agree to help new riders and passengers that come along. This could be just advice on a range of 3-wheeled subjects but could also involve allowing a new rider to try your machine. By having a wide range of both F1 and 600 teams supporting the day we hope to have a good enough number of outfits to enable any new rider to find options that will “fit” so they can complete the ACU BRA Course for Sidecar and provide a good test environment beyond anything currently available to them.

For some years now the Sidecar branch of our sport has often struggled to find a safe way to give new riders a proper opportunity to try sidecar racing, either as a passenger or particularly as a rider. The last time Bemsee ran an event like this was back in 2013.

Sidecars is still the only branch of Road Racing that produces British World Champions. With healthy sponsorship support at British level for Sidecars and the continued good support of Sidecars at the TT, there’s even more focus needed to give new blood a chance to experience our sport. If we don’t there’s a potential problem facing us for three-wheeled grids in the future.

Taxi rides at some Club events have enabled some to experience being a passenger, some have gone forward into the sport. It’s not many though. For potential riders, it’s even more difficult. The local industrial estate or retail park when there’s no-one around – it’s not good enough. What about finding an outfit to try – how much work will be involved just to make the prospect fit?

So this is not just a testday for sidecars (although we think that’s rare enough!), this is your chance to get involved with a practical effort to grow participation in the branch of the sport we all love the most. It’s your chance to give a little back. It’s open to all teams, British & Club. We aim to promote this to the wider biking audience through PR and hope to also attract paddock suppliers to support the event.

Entry Forms for Testing are available on this page.

https://www.bemsee.net/info-centre/news ... ra-testday

(SE here, I won't put the entry forms etc on here in case there are any revisions between now and February, click the link above for the info page with downloads)

If you would be interested in offering support to a new rider just drop an email to mikedommett@hotmail.com

The Club extends its gratitude to all the partners involved and the Lydden Hill Circuit for helping to get this initiative off the ground again for 2017.
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
MDMD
On the Starting Grid

Re: Sidecar CTC/BRA and Testday - 25th February (for front later)

Unread post by MDMD »

This has been published for nearly a month now, we've seen very few entries at the Bemsee Office so far.

Here's the form: https://www.bemsee.net/cms/content/disp ... p-form.pdf

Please submit your appliction for slot at this Exclusive Sidecar Testday over the next 7-10 days.
Otherwise there is a risk that it may not happen I'm afraid.

MD
Belly
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Phil Bell

Unread post by Belly »

My brother is coming with our bike Mike weather permitting of course.... He needs to do the training as well as he's not raced since 2009!
alliekat
One Lap Completed
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: allison lawrence

Unread post by alliekat »

i would love to but it is very close to the first Bemsee meeting. and i need all my pennies for that ! :cry: i suppose not having a co pilot doesnt help, or a front hub at the mo !
its all just a bit silly
MDMD
On the Starting Grid

Unread post by MDMD »

I'm sad to report that we have too few interested parties to make this event viable.
With the lack of entries we are taking the decision to cancel this event.

Bemsee will still have it's annual CTC Course at Brands on 18th February, so new sidecar passengers looking to get their licences for 2017 can apply for that.
The Club will also be running its usual Friday testdays for Sidecar testing in the afternoon in front of each meeting this season. First up will be Brands testing on Friday 10th March, entry will be available online at bemsee.net from the first week of February

MD