Peter Michael Hillaby

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
lang
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: howard langham

Peter Michael Hillaby

Unread post by lang »

Sadly Peter died this morning after suffering a long illness.After forming The Auto 66 Club fifty five years ago,Peter went on to become the best motorcycle race promoter in this country. He was a firm but always fair person to deal with and he overcame many obstacles to put on some of the best race meetings in the North. He was more than generous to many young riders, paying expenses and often very generous start money. His clubman events were the starting place for many riders to go on to achieve major success at national and international level he always encouraged young talented riders. The top level meetings that he promoted attracted some of the worlds best competitors-not only road racing but also grass and long track events . Peter alone was responsible for the conception of the Formula 2 sidecar class, he brought this about initialy to secure the future of sidecar racing at Olivers Mount Scarborough.He will be remembered by many for providing lots of very good affordable racing and some of the best end of season social events-the after dinner entertainment was fantastic. R I P Peter.
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Re: Peter Michael Hillaby

Unread post by ianw »

I agree with everything Howard has said about Peter, the best ACU Chairman the ACU never had. Would have been a different body if Peter had an influence. But then , he was from up North instead of the Midlands.
We had our first F2 race with Peter, 1983?? when he opened up the Twin cylinder 4 stroke class to allow the 350's in. A sad loss, RIP Peter.
brino85
Fired Up
D/P/T/M/S: Mechanic
Full Name: James Brindley

Unread post by brino85 »

RIP Peter,

I guess i have this man to thank for a lot. He gave my Mum (Christine) her first job as his secretary. She met my dad (Barry) through the job, and the rest is history i guess. Only met him a few times but was always helpful to us!

Thanks

Jim
JB

Don't talk boll***s and deal with facts.
ianw
Opposite Lock Through the Chicanes

Unread post by ianw »