EXTRA RACE 1st rnd Classic Championship PEMBREY

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
sidecar 151
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Rob Cameron

EXTRA RACE 1st rnd Classic Championship PEMBREY

Unread post by sidecar 151 »

An extra race has been given to us sidecar teams at Pembrey on 7th & 8th April.

I have had a phone call today from one of our Classic sidecar Club Teams who has no PC at home.

They were very worried, and I myself very surprised that to date only 5 sidecar teams had entered this extra race that has been put on for us?

Ok, I personally can't bleet out as I had not even joined the club :lol: :lol: but we (Andy & myself) will be at the first round. We will also compete in this extra race and both praise the club for giving us the opportunity.

Come on guys and girls. Please dont just read this, post a reply to this thread on the Classic site forum as well and explain ??

Why you are, or are NOT entering the Scratch race?

Would you rather the extra race made into a 3rd race that would carry championship points as this has been mentioned to me today by one of the club officials? This option can be sorted for Pembrey if you would rather it this way? I am told that all sidecar teams may be called to a meeting after signing on at the circuit to find out everyones views.

Personally I don't mind either way, and I am sure I speak for Andy too, we will go with the flow/majority.

Come on lets grab this extra race with both hands and show some interest... I am sure other classes would do!! If we dont the solo guys will soon fill the extra time ???

Teams I know so far entered for Scratch Race:

Damien Perilleux & Nancy
* The Tapsells
* The Latherons
The Kingsmills
* Richard & Sam Holmes
Dennis & Christine Etheridge
* Rob Cameron & Bludge
* Ian Johnson & Kevin Roughan
Jan Herbert & Karen Randall
Ray Reeves & Martin Pither

* Denotes entry in the extra Scratch race

Who else will put there names down ? I have had a telephone call from Matt Kingsmill today and have given him a gee-up to put his name down. If you know another team that is not currently booked in the meeeting or is not entered the extra Scratch race try giving them a ring and lets give this some extra support.

The club have put themselves out and so should we...

Do we have any other new teams joining us sidecar lot this season...? The more the merry er !

Put a reply on this thread and on the Classic Forum so we can all see...
http://www.didley-bidley.com/upload/sho ... .php?t=778

These races not only give teams that do not usually win races a good chance to grab a pot and they also are great if time spaces are done correctly for the crowd to watch.

See you all at Pembrey

All the best

Rob
jan71
Fired Up

Unread post by jan71 »

Personally, as much as the scratch race is a great offering, I think a bigger issue we need to consider is why still the very small number of entries!!?? :cry:

Everyone made enough noise about clutch starts, but I don't see new entrants on the strength of it. Surely if we don't get this sorted, the time will come when it will not be viable for the CRMC to run a sidecar race.

Come on people this is getting pretty serious, where is everyone?

Jan.
Welsh Daph
Sniffing a Victory
Full Name: Daphne Smith

Unread post by Welsh Daph »

Ian&Debbie Salter are working flat out on their outfit and hope very much to be taking part ;)
Hey! hang on a minute . . .
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Unread post by steve-e »

You'll probably do well to word something for the front of the site Rob. There's a LOT of people who read the site but not the forum ;) (Around 400 people a day read the site, I expect about 150 the forum - can't really tell).
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember