T500 ignition

Classic and Vintage outfit discussion, including Where are they now, the people hunter.
andy bailey
Fired Up
Full Name: Andrew Bailey

T500 ignition

Unread post by andy bailey »

Does anybody know if there is any ignition available for a Suzuki T500 engine to go in a sidecar preferably to run off a 12v battery ? many thanks andy. Andrew.bailey7@virgin.net :notworthy:
tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: tony wheatley

Re: T500 ignition

Unread post by tonybsa2008 »

You could try a GT500 electronic ignition?or speak to BDK engineering,who do one for a Kettle and may be willing ti do you one for a T500.
lang
Setting the Fastest Lap
Full Name: howard langham

Unread post by lang »

Andy, electrexworld do a complete race ignition kit for the Suzuki T500.
The kit part no is stk-250, the price is £295.
The ignitions they produce are one of the best on the market, and come preset with a proper race advance/retard curve.
I have used one on my TZ with fantastic results, they fit straight from the box with no modifications needed.
www.electrexworld.co.uk tel 01491 682369

p.s. have you sold the BMW ?
andy bailey
Fired Up

Hi Howard no still got bm doing pre-tt again this year may sell it end of year father,s built a frame with a T500 in (don,t know why)
andy bailey
Fired Up

Cheers tony I,ll contact them.
tonybsa2008
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: driver
Full Name: tony wheatley

Unread post by tonybsa2008 »

If you decide to go with Howards advice,order direct from HPI ignitions in Belgium.They are the manufacturers of the Electrixworld ignitions,and you wont need a battery with their system.
Dirk Sandmann
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: future driver ;o)
Full Name: Dirk Sandmann

Unread post by Dirk Sandmann »

Hi Andy,

have a look at this:http://powerdynamo.biz/eng/systems/7108/71085main.htm

Cheers Dirk
mervnoble
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: Driver
Full Name: Merv Noble

Unread post by mervnoble »

andy bailey wrote:Does anybody know if there is any ignition available for a Suzuki T500 engine to go in a sidecar preferably to run off a 12v battery ? many thanks andy. Andrew.bailey7@virgin.net :notworthy:
Andy, contact Willy Hertogs, HPI Ignitions, Kuilenstraat 97, 3960 Bree, Belgium, telephone 00 32 89 46 74 39, email hpi@hpi.be, mobile 00 32 495 53 90 21, fax 00 32 89 47 33 28. Hope this helps, good luck,
Merv
Anyhow since 1957
andy bailey
Fired Up

many thanks merv will let father know
RARING TO GO
Setting the Fastest Lap
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: michel Duneige

Unread post by RARING TO GO »

FYI Stu Applegate is well on with a T500 outfit to race in Belgium etc. Cheap motors. 500ish for a motor 300ish for overhaul, small mod to gearbox oil system and you are away.
G JONES
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: D
Full Name: Gordon Jones

Unread post by G JONES »

There's a few options you can look at - as others have said - HPI is popular among the TZ runners - a couple of other people selling those under their own names - and a few failures seen from what I've heard - fixed advance curve - you'll not be able to alter it - (you may not want to) - self generating - probably best to go to HPI direct if you can.
Then there's the Powerdynamo - very simple system - does have a fixed advance curve - probably cheapest system available - self generating.
At least a couple of battery powered systems available - one from Czech Republic - fully programmable - although you'd probably have to make your own backplate to carry the pulser coils - and there's a British made system available - again - even more "fully programmable" - and reputed to offer the best spark energy of any. (reasonably expensive- probably worth it though)
I run a Pro-digital myself (fully programmable) - no longer available as far as I know - were expensive in their time - but do give a massive spark - and will fire pretty much anything you throw at them - never ever any problems - unless you count forgetting to charge the battery - absolutely tiny rotor compared to the self generating rotors - which do tend to weigh a bit (500g on a motoplat - I guess HPI will be similar) - I'll be looking at the British made one & the Czech one when the need arises - I like the fact that they produce the same spark from 1 rpm up to maximum - where the self gen ones have to be spinning a bit to produce power.
We run our Ignition on a 2600mah nimh battery pack - and have done since we got it in 2009 - weigh very little too.

As for why build a T500 - I'd do it if i wasn't invested so heavily in TZ stuff - there's a T500 outfit races regularly in Belgium (and elsewhere for all i know) - worth making the trip over just to watch that bike - front exit & a spectacular sight to watch...
2 strokes are the future...
TZ Parts List
http://tz350.co.uk
Had to laugh at this I heard somewhere... "You can't polish a Turd"
andy bailey
Fired Up

Cheers for the reply Gordon do you know the make of the British system?