Circuits by public transport, which is best served?

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Circuits by public transport, which is best served?

Unread post by steve-e »

Been talking to Helen G about travelling to circuits by public transport and we're wondering what the best served circuit is?

How do you get to Brands Hatch? Is it a bus from Swanley? I can't imagine Silverstone is easy to get to and I know at one point there was talk of putting a station at snetterton because of the planned industrial estate and the railway being so close - but it didn't happen.

So how do you get to circuits by public transport?
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
petercaughlin
Throttle on the Stop

Re: Circuits by public transport, which is best served?

Unread post by petercaughlin »

If it was still there Crystal Palace would have been a doddle from anywhere in South London just hop on the bus
p.a.caughlin
Dan
Lapping the Tail Enders
D/P/T/M/S: Driver - injured

Re: Circuits by public transport, which is best served?

Unread post by Dan »

Aintree, if it runs again, is pretty accessible I think. Aintree railway station is directly opposite the race course and trains run between that station and Liverpool Central, which I would imagine is linked pretty well to other parts of the country. I think the train fares would probably cost more than race entry fees though :roll: and with the railways as they are you might have to set off a few days in advance 🚂

Scarborough probably wouldn't be too bad either but I think it might be a bit of a hike from the nearest bus stop to the circuit. A taxi might be the best bet for the last few miles from the railway/bus station, or try thumbing a lift from one of the vehicles going up to the circuit.

I am not even going to mention the Isle of Man :roll:
Proud and honoured to be a member of Team Past It.
With age comes wisdom, maturity and responsibility.............unless you race sidecars !