Posted on Alf Whiskers FB

For Results,please see the timekeeper's office next door! To register, click the link in the top right corner.
steve-e
Site Admin
D/P/T/M/S: resting Passenger
Full Name: Steve English
Skype contact: steveenglish.com
Twitter: @steveinmarden

Posted on Alf Whiskers FB

Unread post by steve-e »

Hi all. I'm sure I'm going to get into trouble with himself for this, but. As some of you may be aware, Alfred was dragged into A&E on 18th December very poorly. Turns out he has covid19 and double pneumonia. He obviously can't have visitors and is bored brainless but if anyone feels the urge to text or call him I'm sure it would help enormously. Thank you for reading
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
steve@steveenglish.com subject:login and whatever details you remember
paulsparkie
Scything Through The Field
D/P/T/M/S: Driver retired again
Full Name: sparkie
Skype contact: paulsparkie

Re: Posted on Alf Whiskers FB

Unread post by paulsparkie »

Hi if you could private message me Alfs number I will call him,i did speak to Jo a last year i think and she was doing well as you say some journalism etc and sounded very positive,it was nice to chat so I will give Alf a lift we used to meet at Snetterton he is a right good lad I dropped him wishes on a Gravesend Eagles MC if he is still doing his bit their,but hope he recovers,cheers
SlowPhil
Throttle on the Stop
D/P/T/M/S: almost a driver
Full Name: phil jones

Unread post by SlowPhil »

Posted on Facebook by Alf's friend Rose:

Dear friends in FBland, I'm so sad and unhappy to say our lovely friend Alfred passed away peacefully in hospital last evening.
He was very poorly and had been in ICU since 1st Jan. I didn't say anything publicly as I just kept thinking he wouldn't be there long and back on the ward.
As the days went on it got more difficult to say anything so now here we are.
Having spoken to a number of his closest friends today I realize how loved he was and it broke my heart each time to have to give the awful news.
It's still early days but would like as many friends to accompany him on his last run as possible, if you feel you can in the present times.
Love to all of you ❤️🌹💔
Worked all week, it's time to play gonna get a little bit sideways!!!!
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

Very sad news. He was a good friend of Dad's
IF YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN EMAIL ME, WE ARE GOING BACK TO BEING LOGGED IN TO READ.
fish
On the Starting Grid
D/P/T/M/S: Driver and organiser
Full Name: Mike and Georgie Salmon

Unread post by fish »

Sorry to hear this. We have some good memories of racing against Alf and Joanna at Snetterton. RIP.
steve-e
Site Admin

Unread post by steve-e »

Hi all, Alfs funeral will be 11th Feb, leaving Waller park DA2 7LR 11.10am heading thru Longfield to Nells cafe, then away by 11.40am and on to Thamesview crematorium for 12 noon. Hoping for dry weather so as many bikes can join him in Alfs last run. Social distancing to be observed and masks when not in bash hats please.
Anybody who would to donate, we have chosen Stacey's Smiles as it is a charity Alf helped with several times. If you could choose the tribute option and name Alf in memorium that would be great please. Thankyou muchly